Business & Workforce Development Committee
Business Attraction & Retention Committee merges with Education & Workforce DevelopmentCombining the strengths, assets and intellectual capital of the Business Attraction & Retention Committee with the Education & Workforce Development Committee generates greater synergies between the two core missions – attracting and retaining businesses depends upon a 21st century workforce and a 21st century workforce needs a robust economy and 21st century industry sectors! Working together, we anticipate that the outcomes will better support this essential economic development strategy.
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4 p.m.
So, what’s in store?
- Help craft the new Mission Statement for the combined committee.
- Tell us how we can optimize the assets of these two committees to produce better outcomes.
- Chart the course for the new fiscal year:
- Review EVC table work topics and results
- Establish priorities
- Get aboard your favorite Task Force.
- August topic for “Thought Provoking Discussion”: The Future of Everything